Sunday 17 April 2011

oh vy, you lucky heeeh (response post to viidragon :D)

Here's a link viidragon's blog: http://viidragon.wordpress.com/ (also posted at the sidebar →)


Heey yeobo, you fixed up your blog! Anyways, I shall now begin. I don't think this will come out harsher than Lazzaro's threat towards his enemies, but we'll see :D 


When there's a will, there's way. But when there's Billy Pilgrim, there's Paul Lazzaro.


I mostly agree with everything you wrote. Yeah, that part about dog was pretty disturbing...you can't get sicker than that. His personality was one of those that really annoyed me. I mean, who has the time to plan out someone's death like that? And how much thinking, effort and even money it would require to plan that all out with the numerous enemies he has? Puh-lease, give me a break -.- 
But one thing, I don't think he kills them at the happiest moment of their lives. He carries out his revenge at the time when they've live a long amount of years to forget about the threat the sickening Lazzaro vowed. But still, the fact that he'd spend so much time and energy carrying out revenges really boggles my mind... You'd think (not to be sexist), because he is a man after all, he'd just let the whole thing go and be a man about it instead of complaining and whining and even bragging (in a way) about how he'll torture and finish his enemies off. You're real mature, dude..
Yeah, totally agree with the caption on the picture. A person like that is totally not worth remembering...especially with such a disgusting and ugly personality *shudders*. 
And if that is the actor portrayal of Lazzaro, LOL. I imagined him to be short and a "Pringle's" moustache and all macho looking but small... He almost looks scared and wimpy in the picture. 
Yes, people with a hideous character like that aren't exactly the type to attract others begging to be friends with him..


Poo-tee-weet. Twitter, twitter.


Aww, that was adorable! Especially the title, very witty xD
But I thought you were going to talk about Twitter or something haha... Mhm, that was pretty much how I felt when the novel came to an end. When I finished, I was like, "That's it? You've got to be kidding..." But somehow, I felt that the ending was most appropriate, even with its lack of excitement. You can say it was a very Vonnegut ending... 
I think why Vonnegut re-stated the death of Edgar Derby was to stay true to his repetition stance. Throughout the book, it was extremely evident of the saying "So it goes..." to the extent that he even used it when the champagne died...
But for me, although it gave Vonnegut an unique identity as an author, I really uncomfortable reading through those lines because he treated death so lightly. I've never experienced a loss of a loved one and I can't even imagine how painful that must feel to live through... 
Through the quote, Vonnegut is telling readers to move on and not linger on the past for too long. But even though he may be referring to the topic of death, I don't think he should so casually pass it by. Back in the day, people used to mourn for their loved ones for a long time, sometimes even months! Death may not be considered to be something negative, but I don't think it should be so lightly taken and casually "thrown around." 
I do acknowledge that as Vonnegut's style and at first, it was uncomfortable for me to see him just throw a "So it goes" to a person's death. But I have to admit, after a while, Vonnegut sorta desensitized it for me...


And so it goes...What would the man himself say?


I don't think he'd give an ant's poop. Seriously, it didn't seem like he cared much when critics all over the globe (kay, maybe not all over...) were hurling ridiculous insults at him and SH5, so why should he care bout this? I think he'd be slightly bemused and chuckle a bit, but that's it. After reading SH5, I've learned not to expect much from the guy. Or maybe he'll just repeat the same thing over and over again, ahah just kidding around. Yes it's true, when you've been through so much in your life (and he's lived quite a while), going though his mother's death, WWII, first-hand witnessed so many deaths, bombings, oh dear, I do sympathize towards him, not that he'd care. And I don't think it's he doesn't want to care...I don't think he can... After witnessing so much for the first three decades of your life, your views on things change. From the history lessons learned last year, wars kinda messes you up a bit, twists your mind and makes you view things differently, perceive things in a totally different way as before. 
But I must say, he's quite the charming chap from the video! Haha..I thought the interview so very amusing. He was talking about the random-est things that had nothing to do with anything. But you don't expect anything from Vonnegut or you'll get disappointed, 'cause I don't think he'll respond to things the way people think he will. Man, this kinda makes me wish I read SH5 at an earlier date so I could go meet him or something... His views on things are so interesting o_o I definitely found him and SH5 intriguing and he definitely left a deep and memorable impression on me with this novel.


That's all I can write and hope you like the feedback. Btw, fun working with ya on the screenplay :D 


liz :{D

1 comment: