Tuesday 29 March 2011

If I were to write my very own story..

If I were to write my own story, I would most definitely choose to write a typical, clichéd, stereotypical, and unoriginal love story twisted with clichés and stereotypical story lines and everything else in a love story that will never actually happen in real life. That was Plan A. ^ But then I thought of an even better Plan A. I was originally thinking of going with the love story idea (because that's all my dramas bombard me with). But then, all of a sudden, I thought of this really scary mystery movie (not to mention horrific, graphic, gory, and psychologically twisted) I watched during the break and decided to go along the theme of that instead (the mystery aspect, not the gore). I mean, mystery novels/movies/shows are so interesting. Especially the ones where the ending completely throws you off and makes you go "OMG NO WAY" at the end. Writing a mystery novel is kind of like working backwards; the author (in this case, moi) would have to think of what the solved mystery will be and write the story backwards, from the ending to the beginning. Maybe it's because of the annuity stuff we're learning in Math right now that makes me think backwards o_o But anyways, if I were to write my own story, I would most definitely write a mystery novel. I love mysteries. Sometimes it makes me so confused and clueless throughout and makes me wanna yell "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?" but I also love the stimulating sensation you get when you find out the who the killer is at the end. The general storyline would probably be a murder mystery, because I love the genre. But unlike Vonnegut and Criminal Minds, I wouldn't reveal the killer until the very end. And I'll create many characters readers will suspect so it will be even more thrilling when the real killer is revealed in the end. Of course every murder mystery needs its suspense and captivating character leads. Combining some ideas from Castle and 4th Period Murder Mystery, I'll have a charismatic and bold female lead (a mix of Kate Beckett from Castle and Lizzie Bennett from Pride & Prejudice and Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind --> what a wonderful character mixture o_o) and a male lead. Maybe if I feel like it, I'll incorporate a little love story brewing between the main characters to attract more consumers. I mean, who doesn't love a heart-warming love story mixed with feisty action and enchanting mystery? ;DAnd for every female lead, there must be an annoying yet beautifully charming male lead following at her tail (maybe not must, but definitely for my novel). Like mentioned before, I'd definitely add a few more minor characters than usual to throw the reader off and also make the ending so dramatic and amazing that I'll leave the readers wanting for more and make millions of dollars with this amazing book that will hit Number 1 on book charts worldwide. but that'll only happen if I one day to feel like spending a long period of time writing a novel.In the mean time, I'll get back to my Castle episodes :D (and dramas hehe)byebye, lizP.S.: may be re-edited due to a lack of making sense throughout >.<btw, photo credit and copyright infringement as well as all the rights reserved goes to Lady-Tori at www.deviantart.com
Aww even little danbo is reading *o*


4 comments:

  1. I agree! A mystery thriller would defintiely captivate readers! And I think using cliché character types isn't necessarily a bad thing. They're constantly reused for a good reason: they work!
    Interesting blog post overall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HENRI, HENRI, HENRI. You're such a blog creep.
    And yes, I agree with the stereotypes. Why do clichéd dramas make so much money and receive so much publicity? Isn't it because of the stereotypical characters and story lines?
    Of course it's interesting, 'cause I wrote it after all..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you describe your plot really reminds me of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. The style that Dan Brown writes is almost exactly what you described...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? You know what they say: great minds think alike xD
    I've never gotten a chance to read that book but the sequel movie was phenomenal

    ReplyDelete